POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : pigment_map, normal_map, but ... : Re: pigment_map, normal_map, but ... Server Time
10 Aug 2024 07:16:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: pigment_map, normal_map, but ...
From: Paul Vanukoff
Date: 11 Feb 2000 22:11:38
Message: <38a4cf6a@news.povray.org>
David Fontaine wrote:

>What's so hard about that? I could see the problem if refraction was
included, but
>that's interior now. Besides you can already do it with a texture map so
most of the
>code is probably already written.

Up further contemplation, it would also be nice to have specular_map,
roughness_map, diffuse_map, reflection_map, phong_map, etc ... basically it
would be nice to be able to map all the finish attributes. Using built-in
patterns, or with a grayscale image. Seriously is there a person(s) to send
suggestions to? Can we have a vote on this? Who else would be interested in
these capabilities?

--
Paul Vanukoff
van### [at] primenetcom