POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Macro Initialization? : Re: Macro Initialization? Server Time
10 Aug 2024 13:24:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Macro Initialization?
From: TonyB
Date: 11 Feb 2000 09:43:43
Message: <38a4201f@news.povray.org>
>DimWitt (3)
>DipShit (2)  <--- hehe...
>DeTwitt (1)
>DickLick (1)  <--- damn...
>DeWittless (1)

I can identify with your problem. I live in a Latin American country, and
"Bennett" has been interpreted (on written documents) in many ways through
my life as well. Here are the most common:

Benneth
Barnett
Bened
Benet
Benete
Penet
Venet
and last but not least: Perez! (only once, so far)

As a matter of fact, they got my last name wrong (Benneth) on the lists of
*all* my professors thoughout my entire 7 years in Instituto Cultural

never able to get past Barnett. I was correcting here the whole year
through, to no avail. In the case of Benete, it usually derives more as it
goes through the system, and by the time I get it back, it has become
Benedete, Beneton, etc.

Oh, and my dad always suffers this problem:

Nombre?
William Bennett
(They write) Benet Williams.

Like nobody has *ever* heard William as a first name, so it *must* be a last
name. :|

And don't even get me started on Mom's name (Ilidia). Nobody has ever
written it the same way twice. *Nobody* So I won't post the list here.