POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : SURVEY real short will take 10 seconds of your time : Re: SURVEY real short will take 10 seconds of your time Server Time
10 Aug 2024 17:29:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SURVEY real short will take 10 seconds of your time
From: Nieminen Juha
Date: 9 Feb 2000 04:22:58
Message: <38a131f2@news.povray.org>
I play the guitar, and as you may know, it's played so that the left hand
is at the neck; so the left hand has to do pretty more meticulous job than
the right hand.

  Now, this is interesting: Usually left-handed people play the guitar in
the wrong way (ie. the right hand is at the neck). This results in either a
harder job (because the strings are reversed and you can, for example, tap
the bass strings with the thumb of your right hand) or in the need of
changing the ordering of the strings (which disables you from playing other
guitars than yours; and I think that some guitars are not designed for this
and you can't reverse the ordering of the strings).
  Both of them are difficult solutions.
  However, I have a friend who is left-handed but plays the guitar as
right-handed people do. He says that it's not difficult; it's just a matter
of not starting playing the guitar in the wrong way. Once you learn the
"bad" habit of playing the guitar reversed, it's very difficult to learn it
in the other way.