POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Already converted DEM files : Re: Already converted DEM files Server Time
10 Aug 2024 05:17:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Already converted DEM files
From: D  Masnéri
Date: 15 Apr 2000 10:29:25
Message: <38F87D11.842E7EA1@planete.net>

> So, is there a way I can convert this 'simple binary raster format' ? With
> Photoshop 5 maybe.
> I have to say that I have never heard of this file format.

I had the same problems with files from the server you mentioned.
To open it with Photoshop, do the following :
- with a text editor, open one of the small files (don't remeber the extension),
where you'll find the number of raws and columns;
- open the first large file with PhotoShop, as "raw", and enter the dimensions you
found in the small file.

If you can't do it, tell me and I'll redo the openings to tell you exactly how to
procced.