POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Already converted DEM files : Re: Already converted DEM files Server Time
10 Aug 2024 05:22:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Already converted DEM files
From: Ken
Date: 15 Apr 2000 10:25:25
Message: <38F87AB4.ADE8CCA9@pacbell.net>
Vahur Krouverk wrote:

> OK,
>
> I have to admit, that this was error in my code, after all. It was this
> infamous and old trick: "opening-binary-files-in-text-mode", which from
> time to time tortures those programmers who code in MS-DOS. Now it
> should work OK, so virtual trip to Hawaii (and around the world) is
> possible. I've uploaded new version to binaries.utilities. Note, that it
> has different options now (e.g. scaling is not performed by default).

OK,

 I tried it on Hawaii again and (I really hate to tell you this) the
results were worse than with your original utility. Before I could
at least see the islands now they are skewed all over the place. In
the areas were there is no height data in the .dem file are ok but
anywhere there is height date it's all messed up.

:(