POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Already converted DEM files : Re: Already converted DEM files Server Time
9 Aug 2024 23:30:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Already converted DEM files
From: Fabien Hénon
Date: 14 Apr 2000 07:48:49
Message: <38F7059A.B6217536@club-internet.fr>
Well, I did untar and uncompressed the files and I got a number of files :
>W020n40.dem     56 Mb
>W020n40.dmw
>W020n40.hdr
>W020n40.prj
>W020n40.sch
>W020n40.src    28 Mb
>W020n40.stx

I give the size for the largest files only. The others are only a few bytes
large.

I read the readme file, but it does not say how to handle the files.

I have the feeling that the DEM file is not a proper one ( The DEM extension
is not correct here).

I downloaded the file from :
http://edcdaac.usgs.gov/gtopo30/gtopo30.html