POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How can I cite POVRAY in literature? : Re: How can I cite POVRAY in literature? Server Time
10 Aug 2024 07:21:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How can I cite POVRAY in literature?
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 10 Apr 2000 04:46:21
Message: <38F19544.1FF37C59@inapg.inra.fr>
jim wrote:

> I may just have to allude to POVRAY in the text, by name, without a reference.

It's not uncommon today to refer to software in scientific publications. It's
sometimes done by citing the manual like in :
Statistical Analysis System Institute, Inc., 1987. SAS/STAT Guide for Personal
Computers, Version 6 edn. Sas Institute, Inc., Cary NC.

It could be something like that :
Cason C. et al., 1999. Persistence of Vision Raytracer Version 3.1.  POV-TEAM.

I hope this helps.

G.