POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How can I cite POVRAY in literature? : Re: How can I cite POVRAY in literature? Server Time
10 Aug 2024 01:24:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How can I cite POVRAY in literature?
From: Ken
Date: 9 Apr 2000 05:51:09
Message: <38F052B4.37963CA@pacbell.net>
jim wrote:

> Thanks for the response. I'll try to put something along these lines in, but I
> don't know if it will fly. The usual kind of cited (and numbered) reference
> is:
>
> "26.  Shmo, J.  How to make really  neat pictures. Journal of POVrayology, 2,
> 23-26. (1999)"
>
> I originally just wrote:
>
> "30. POVRAY. Persistence of vision raytracer 3.1"
>
> The editors wrote back "please provide author and place/institution of
> publication"
>
> I don't know if these journals are ready to cite web pages as a reference.
> I'll try and find out.
>
> I may just have to allude to POVRAY in the text, by name, without a reference.

This comes form the POV-Ray documentation and includes a citable reference.
Well at least there is an ISBN number you can quote:

Books, Magazines and CD-ROMs

Unfortunately all English language books on POV-Ray are out of print and there
are no plans to reprint them. However there is now a POV-Ray 3.02 book and
CD-ROM available in Japanese. It talks about the Windows and Mac versions of
POV-Ray, and various utilities. The CD-ROM is dual format, Windows/Mac. It was
written in Japan by Hideki Komuro-san, and published by ASCII Corp. in June
1998, ISBN 4-7561-1831-3.