POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How can I cite POVRAY in literature? : Re: How can I cite POVRAY in literature? Server Time
10 Aug 2024 01:27:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How can I cite POVRAY in literature?
From: Ken
Date: 8 Apr 2000 14:47:00
Message: <38EF7ECB.3E14185A@pacbell.net>
jim wrote:

> Thanks for the response. I'll try to put something along these lines in, but I
> don't know if it will fly. The usual kind of cited (and numbered) reference
> is:
>
> "26.  Shmo, J.  How to make really  neat pictures. Journal of POVrayology, 2,
> 23-26. (1999)"
>
> I originally just wrote:
>
> "30. POVRAY. Persistence of vision raytracer 3.1"
>
> The editors wrote back "please provide author and place/institution of
> publication"
>
> I don't know if these journals are ready to cite web pages as a reference.
> I'll try and find out.
>
> I may just have to allude to POVRAY in the text, by name, without a reference.

Since it is not a publication per se it would be difficult to provide a
reference of this type but perhaps the info below will suffice ?

POV-Ray and the POV-Team are registered trademarks.

License inquiries should be made via email to:

      POV-Ray Team Coordinator
      team-coord @ povray.org

The following postal address is only for official license business and only if
email is impossible.

      POV-Team
      C/- Hallam Oaks P/L
      PO Box 407
      Williamstown,
      Victoria 3016
      Australia

--
Ken Tyler - POV-Ray Technical Assistance Group Member