POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How can I cite POVRAY in literature? : Re: How can I cite POVRAY in literature? Server Time
10 Aug 2024 01:25:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How can I cite POVRAY in literature?
From: jim
Date: 8 Apr 2000 11:42:26
Message: <38EF6151.80B62D66@mediaone.net>
Thanks for the response. I'll try to put something along these lines in, but I
don't know if it will fly. The usual kind of cited (and numbered) reference
is:

"26.  Shmo, J.  How to make really  neat pictures. Journal of POVrayology, 2,
23-26. (1999)"

I originally just wrote:

"30. POVRAY. Persistence of vision raytracer 3.1"

The editors wrote back "please provide author and place/institution of
publication"

I don't know if these journals are ready to cite web pages as a reference.
I'll try and find out.

I may just have to allude to POVRAY in the text, by name, without a reference.

Cheers,

Jim