POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How can I cite POVRAY in literature? : Re: How can I cite POVRAY in literature? Server Time
10 Aug 2024 01:17:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How can I cite POVRAY in literature?
From: Ken
Date: 8 Apr 2000 07:19:40
Message: <38EF15F0.F1249B92@pacbell.net>
jim wrote:

> I have used POVRAY to render some images of scientific structures, and I
> am about to publish the images in a scientific journal. I would like to
> cite some reference to the POVRAY program and developers. Is there an
> approved citation?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jim

 I don't believe the POV-Team has an official statement available for
this purpose. Probably the best you can hope to do is to mention that:

   POV-Ray is a "Raytracing" program that operates with a text based
interface and produces near photographic quality images. POV-Ray is a
freely available program that is developed and maintained by a group
of volunteer programmers who do this in their spare time as a hobby.
POV-Ray is quite often used a chemical/molecular visualization tool
and many programs have be written that allow people doing scientific
research to have the ability to show their work in ways never before
possible.

  You might also wish to include a web page address for the program so
if people are interested they can explore the program for themselves.

http://www.povray.org

--
Ken Tyler - POV-Ray Technical Assistance Group Memeber