POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Help on blobs: speediest way for opening? : Help on blobs: speediest way for opening? Server Time
10 Aug 2024 01:18:20 EDT (-0400)
  Help on blobs: speediest way for opening?
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 5 Apr 2000 13:17:16
Message: <38EB7419.51B18DD8@my-dejanews.com>
I have developed a blob figure of a human.  I made a mouth by flattening
a sphere and giving it a big negative strength.

The problem is that this technique gives a ridiculously long render
time.  Most of the render time is spent on the mouth, where perhpaps a
dozen components (spheres) overlap.

What is the quickest-rendering ways to make a simple mouth on a blob
character?
a) negative blob components?
b) CSG?
c) Make a different-textured region show up (and is there a quick way to
do this)?
d) ?