POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : The Language of POV-Ray : Re: The Language of POV-Ray Server Time
10 Aug 2024 13:23:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Language of POV-Ray
From: Nigel Stewart
Date: 30 Mar 2000 09:14:04
Message: <38E360BC.164A20D6@nigels.com>
> ....... and POV-Script is replaced with POV-XML............

	This is the basis of our misunderstanding.

	POV script is good for what it is.

	But it can't be all things to all people.
	So don't get so upset about proposing an
	alternative.  There are ways of doing this
	without having to support two formats -
	it means having an API for POV.

> You could have POV-XML support embedded
> POV-Script, but that makes the advantages of POV-XML meaningless, you
> are back to writing a POV parser.

	No, it doesn't.  It just means that you can only
	handle XML data with XML tools.  POV script gets
	ignored, but preserved - no problem.

--
Nigel Stewart (nig### [at] nigelscom)
Research Student, Software Developer