POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Modeling complicated objects in POV-Ray : Re: Modeling complicated objects in POV-Ray Server Time
10 Aug 2024 07:16:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Modeling complicated objects in POV-Ray
From: Mark Donovan
Date: 29 Mar 2000 13:35:15
Message: <38E24CDF.EEC053B3@email.com>
One way to avoid complex calculations for general intersections of
objects in 3D space is to assemble composite objects at the origin or on
a convenient coordinate axis. With the centers or edges of objects at
the origin, finding tangents and intersections is usually simple. After
a larger object is assembled, rotate and translate it into final position.

Mark