POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : The Language of POV-Ray : Re: The Language of POV-Ray Server Time
10 Aug 2024 15:24:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Language of POV-Ray
From: Nigel Stewart
Date: 29 Mar 2000 09:39:32
Message: <38E21536.63F16BF0@nigels.com>
> If someone can provide real-life examples of the benefits of such a
> development, I'll be happy to be enlightened :-)

	Let me just clarify - this particular thread is
	Nick Drew's - not mine.  I don't want to hijack his
	train of thought, so I'll keep this explanation short
	and uncontraversial.

	The basic idea is to use XML as a way of exchanging
	a POV scene between applications or tools without
	the complexity of parsing and emitting POV script.
	(Parsing in particular is difficult to do)  One
	possibility is that you'd be able to shift a scene
	between different tools without having to translate
	it between formats.

	There is also a thread on povray.programming, if you're
	interested.

--
Nigel Stewart (nig### [at] nigelscom)
Research Student, Software Developer