POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Macro-ripping >:) : Re: Macro-ripping >:) Server Time
10 Aug 2024 07:13:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Macro-ripping >:)
From: Marc Schimmler
Date: 29 Mar 2000 08:36:04
Message: <38E206C3.981EC64A@ica.uni-stuttgart.de>
Gilles Tran wrote:

> In the French Blender newsgroup, a mini flame war erupted some time ago after
> someone set up a web page containing some texts produced by other people
> (without asking prior permission). It cooled off quickly, but then it led to
> calls for a chart of "proper behavior" and the such, and overall bad feelings
> and lack of trust.
> So, if we can discuss how "evil" is a particular behavior (most "evildoers" in
> these cases do what they do with good intentions), I don't think that there's
> any discussion about the fact that even a slight suspicion of "moral bankrupcy"
> may be harmful to a group, and not worth the trouble.
>
> G.

I've always given away the biggest part of my work for free but when I
do so I
mark it as free or if someone asks me for permission I would grant it.
Just taking
away my work and publishing it without my prior consent, even if quoted
properly
would make me feel bad.
Asking for permission before the publishing would be *VERY* important
for me if I
didn't gave permission for free use before. Such behaviour would lead to
defiance
on my part.

Marc

--