POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Macro-ripping >:) : Re: Macro-ripping >:) Server Time
10 Aug 2024 07:17:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Macro-ripping >:)
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 29 Mar 2000 07:59:45
Message: <38E1FE7F.9BD98DDF@inapg.inra.fr>
Xplo Eristotle wrote:

> Sure, that's morally bankrupt, but we don't exactly live in a
> perfect world to start with.. and it won't end if someone has to ask
> that their files be taken down.

In the French Blender newsgroup, a mini flame war erupted some time ago after
someone set up a web page containing some texts produced by other people
(without asking prior permission). It cooled off quickly, but then it led to
calls for a chart of "proper behavior" and the such, and overall bad feelings
and lack of trust.
So, if we can discuss how "evil" is a particular behavior (most "evildoers" in
these cases do what they do with good intentions), I don't think that there's
any discussion about the fact that even a slight suspicion of "moral bankrupcy"
may be harmful to a group, and not worth the trouble.

G.