POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : The Language of POV-Ray : Re: The Language of POV-Ray Server Time
10 Aug 2024 15:22:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Language of POV-Ray
From: Nigel Stewart
Date: 29 Mar 2000 08:02:25
Message: <38E1FE6F.DD3ECDE8@nigels.com>
> : I'd like to see loops and branches raised out of the scene description
> : language
>
>   It's just easier and handier to them to be there. Just think about all
> those outstanding include files and macros.

	Yes, from a POV-script point of view, macros and stuff
	are nice to have.  But I think from a data-oriented
	point of view, it's cleaner to leave them out and
	leave it open to other language environments to do
	algorithmic processing.

	Therefore - XML is a data view.  POV-script remains
	as an alternative - a custom, text oriented POV
	specific, and POV optimised platform.

	The fact that you can include one from the other
	keeps flexibility and a gentler migration path.

--
Nigel Stewart (nig### [at] nigelscom)
Research Student, Software Developer