POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Macro-ripping >:) : Re: Macro-ripping >:) Server Time
10 Aug 2024 01:20:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Macro-ripping >:)
From: Xplo Eristotle
Date: 29 Mar 2000 02:05:31
Message: <38E1AC63.F931B387@unforgettable.com>
> Ron Parker wrote in message <38e1133f@news.povray.org>...
> >Doesn't this run afoul of copyright?  Just saying "speak up if you have
> >a problem with this" isn't good enough, as those who posted the macros
> >in question may no longer be active here.  I think you'll have to contact
> >each and every macro author to get permission.

There's an old and rather cynical piece of wisdom that says it's easier
to apologize for something than it is to get permission in the first place.

My advice would be to go ahead and compile such a collection. If no one
complains, it doesn't matter whether what you're doing is "right" or
"wrong". Sure, that's morally bankrupt, but we don't exactly live in a
perfect world to start with.. and it won't end if someone has to ask
that their files be taken down.

--
Xplo Eristotle
http://start.at/xplosion/