POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Video output : Re: Video output Server Time
10 Aug 2024 03:17:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Video output
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 18 Mar 2000 15:02:05
Message: <38D3DF63.F54A6392@hotmail.com>
Steven Jones wrote:

> Is there any kind of hardware that will let me output animations to video?

If you convert your animation to a MPEG-2 file then you could play
it through a hardware MPEG-2 decoder with direct (super-) video output
to your VCR or TV.

There are some DVD-ROM players for PC that can be bought with
these cards. (Or you may find a stand alone MPEG-2 decoder card.)

I have a card like this and it works ok together with my video card.

Make sure that there is no anti copy protection system (i.e. Macro-
vision) activated when recording. (I do not know if these are
possible to switch off when not playing DVD-discs.)

The advantage of this set-up is that it's relatively cheap and you
wouldn't have to make a DVD-disc.

--
mailto:tor### [at] hotmailcom
http://www.crosswinds.net/~tok/tokrays.html