POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-file that crashes POV-Ray : Re: POV-file that crashes POV-Ray Server Time
10 Aug 2024 09:19:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-file that crashes POV-Ray
From: Nigel Stewart
Date: 18 Mar 2000 10:07:55
Message: <38D39B74.D69BBFD0@nigels.com>
Kens instructions are quite valid, I add my
	comments here to clarify what we already know:

> 1. You computer system - OS type and version, system ram, processor

	We know that this is not system specific, but impacts
	different systems differently.  In some circumstances,
	nothin obviously goes wrong - but the underlying flaw
	is still evident.

> 2. POV-Ray version and compiler used - i.e. POV-Ray for Windows v3.1g watcom

	Seems to apply to all versions of 3.1g.

	My impression is that this quite a tricky one to
	untangle, and I would urge that someone familiar
	with the parser, (tokenise.c and parser.c) or
	were involved in the original macro implementation
	- be asked to look at this, if at all possible.

	I think that this knowledge, plus a good debugger,
	plus a tool like Purify, are the basic requirements
	for tackling this.

--
Nigel Stewart (nig### [at] nigelscom)
Research Student, Software Developer