POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-file that crashes POV-Ray : Re: POV-file that crashes POV-Ray Server Time
10 Aug 2024 09:19:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-file that crashes POV-Ray
From: Nigel Stewart
Date: 17 Mar 2000 18:23:26
Message: <38D2BE1C.7EB62593@nigels.com>
> My only concern is that this looks to be a compiler issue rather than a
> POV-Ray source code bug.

	No, I'm seeing it on Visual C++ 6.0, and it is not a
	compiler issue.  It is sensitive to way memory is
	recycled by the C runtime library.  I havn't been
	able to nail it, but Purify is reporting "Access to
	Free'd Memory".

	The bug is real - I'm chasing it now.

	These other reports from different platforms reflect
	my observation that even a debug binary behaves
	differently to a release binary.  There is memory
	being used that might happen to be valid, or might
	happen to be garbage.

--
Nigel Stewart (nig### [at] nigelscom)
Research Student, Software Developer