POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-file that crashes POV-Ray : Re: POV-file that crashes POV-Ray Server Time
10 Aug 2024 03:21:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-file that crashes POV-Ray
From: Ken
Date: 17 Mar 2000 09:18:13
Message: <38D23E25.34AD425D@pacbell.net>
Chris Colefax wrote:

> As regards fixing the problem in future versions, it might be helpful if
> others here could test the code on their systems first.  This should help to
> narrow down the problem before you set about posting an official bug-report
> (after which I might hand over to Ken, who I'm sure can provide details on
> how this should be done...!).

 As far as this being a verifiable bug I will go by Ron Parker's philosophy
that anything that crashes the program is a bug and should be reported.
It is clear that a good short example has been provided that can reproducibly
cause the crash to happen on more than one machine. The next step is to
hopefully get one of the programmers to step in and offer an explanation
as to why it is happening. Even if is does not get a comment by one of
the programmers the offending code and details of the problem should
be submitted to povray.bugreports on this server. The bug report should
mention that the bug has be confirmed by a couple of different people
here in .general. The POV-Team can track down and fix the problem from
there.

If any help is needed in posting or wording the bug report let me know
and I'll do what I can to help.