POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : The C++ rewrite of POV - POV version 4.0 suggestions : Re: The C++ rewrite of POV - POV version 4.0 suggestions Server Time
10 Aug 2024 09:16:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The C++ rewrite of POV - POV version 4.0 suggestions
From: Pabs
Date: 16 Mar 2000 21:27:56
Message: <38D19836.6EAFBF9C@hotmail.com>
>   Povray is NOT a windows program.

Sorry, I don't know much about other platforms
but I get how the src is made platform independent

But it doesn't mean that I shouldn't address issues I see in POV for specific
platforms
You may notice that functions could also be specified by macros &
pov-functions (platform independent) but I forgot to mention formulas, like
MegaPov has

Can anyone tell me what they think instead of just arguing over platform
independence
We all have a platform we like, use, are comfortable with, are fiercely loyal
to, hate, get pissed off by, avoid on the grounds of its domination, blah
blah blah, but lets not go to war over something so stupid, we are all
supporters of POV-Ray.

The main reason for my post was that to me the current texture stuff seems
inconsistent across pigments, normals, finishes etc. and that I would like to
have more control over the ray leaving a surface or going through an interior
(So I can make a mirage)

Thanks All
Pabs