POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-CSDL (or Java Binding?) : Re: POV-CSDL (or Java Binding?) Server Time
10 Aug 2024 09:19:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-CSDL (or Java Binding?)
From: Nigel Stewart
Date: 16 Mar 2000 06:42:23
Message: <38D0C84D.484F2C3B@nigels.com>
Matt Giwer wrote:

> > One limitation of POV script is that it's not possible to
> > pass values into it without editing the source.
>
> I see this and the following but as a dumb question, why?

	Hmmm... This is like saying that command line tools
	should have no prompts.

	Perhaps because it would be nice to call POV from
	another app without going to the trouble of generating
	POV script?

	Howabout:
        C:\> povray +w100 +h20 +Ibanner.pov +DTEXT="Click Here!"

--
Nigel Stewart (nig### [at] nigelscom)
Research Student, Software Developer