POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : The Language of POV-Ray : Re: The Language of POV-Ray Server Time
10 Aug 2024 23:22:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Language of POV-Ray
From: Jon A  Cruz
Date: 16 Mar 2000 01:47:18
Message: <38D084EB.5E194B7C@geocities.com>
PoD wrote:

> XML defined languages are for ease of computer parsing, not for ease of
> human writing/reading, though they are human readable since they're
> plain text.

Good point. That's probably what it comes down to.

> Also XML is for markup languages. OK for modeller output, not so good
> for POV.
> I don't think loops, macros etc. work well in XML.

Personally I think loops, macros, etc could easily be done in XML.

<LOOP start='0' end ='100' step ='1' index='x'>
</LOOP>

<MACRO>
<PARAM name='foo' default='bar'/>
<PARAM name='baz' default='7'/>
</MACRO>

But then again there could be many ways to do things.

--
"My new computer's got the clocks, it rocks
But it was obsolete before I opened the box" - W.A.Y.