POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : The Language of POV-Ray : Re: The Language of POV-Ray Server Time
10 Aug 2024 23:16:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Language of POV-Ray
From: Matt Giwer
Date: 16 Mar 2000 00:47:02
Message: <38D07584.F1E5C4A6@ij.net>
Tor Olav Kristensen wrote:

> I see that I have to agree with you on those :-q

> ...But I have a tiny but...

> With a mouse one can do copy and paste of long expressions
> quite fast. But for systems without a pointing device I see
> that the problem could cause a lot of keyboard hammering.

	Even in the oldest ^KB scroll ^KK scroll ^KC to copy and the
last ^KV to move. What carefully and note my hands never leave
the keyboard.

	With a rat, click and move till hilited the ^C or ^X and then
move the rat again and ^V. Note very carefully my hands had to
leave the keyboard.

	A lot of banging? Ain't no real difference in the time required.
Now if you have combinations of rat buttons programmed to avoid
going to the keyboard at all, I'll take that as over all faster.

	And if this sort of thing consumes a significant amount of your
coding time, Te Salud!

--
A free internet for a free people.