POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : The Language of POV-Ray : Re: The Language of POV-Ray Server Time
10 Aug 2024 23:18:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Language of POV-Ray
From: Matt Giwer
Date: 16 Mar 2000 00:17:45
Message: <38D06EA7.CC7540D9@ij.net>
Glen Berry wrote:

> The for-loops I have used in the past have also allowed a
> STEP parameter that defined the amount of increment for each loop. One
> wouldn't have to be limited to incrementing or decrementing by one.

1 .. 99 initialization

100 for infinity = 1 to 2 step 0

stuff

	Which seems like a bit of a waste but some BASICs like Atari and
I think Palo Alto tiny BASIC (if a tokenized implementation)
would put a pointer to the beginning of the loop. That made the
execution of stuff faster than not having a loop and having the
last line GOTO 100.

--
A free internet for a free people.