POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : The Language of POV-Ray : Re: The Language of POV-Ray Server Time
10 Aug 2024 23:22:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Language of POV-Ray
From: John VanSickle
Date: 15 Mar 2000 21:27:38
Message: <38D04923.FB37C959@erols.com>
Nieminen Juha wrote:

> TonyB <ben### [at] panamac-comnet> wrote:
> : #for (Counter has an initial value established*, Condition to exit**,
> : Step***)
>
>   No, no.
>
> #for(Identifier initialization; Condition to _continue_; Identifier modification)
>
> : ***example: I++, I--, I+3, etc.
>
>   ++ and -- are just too difficult to implement. I+=1 would be it.

Or make it like C really is:

#for (whatever initialization you want;
      condition to continue;
      whatever update you want)

#end
(It can all be on one line, I split it up here for line length)

Since it doesn't really grant any more functionality than the current
state of affairs, I'm of the belief that the POV-team has bigger fish
to fry.

--
ICQ: 46085459