POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Isosurface hills : Isosurface hills Server Time
10 Aug 2024 03:17:23 EDT (-0400)
  Isosurface hills
From: Lummox JR
Date: 15 Mar 2000 21:17:37
Message: <38D04586.4AB9@aol.com>
I'm hoping to make an image which will mostly be a series of grassy
hills in the rain. I've got the clouds, I think, and the rain's a task
I'm willing to take a shot at. Grass will be a nightmare of its own and
obviously a lot of fudging is required. I've started working with the
hills, but that's where I've run into the first problems.
I really don't want to generate any height maps for this one. My
preference is to use an isosurface (I'm using the Superpatch) with a
kind of hilly function. I thought of multipying a couple of sine waves
together, but the results on that have so far been pretty terrible.

For those who are interested in knowing more, this is meant to be the
background for a CD cover (I'll be putting an object in the foreground
of the front half), so it will be a 2x1 aspect ratio.
And hey, if anyone has any advice on rendering liquids and radiant
objects (in this case both), *any* advice would be appreciated.

Lummox JR