POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-CSDL (or Java Binding?) : Re: POV-CSDL (or Java Binding?) Server Time
10 Aug 2024 11:26:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-CSDL (or Java Binding?)
From: Ken
Date: 15 Mar 2000 21:08:26
Message: <38D04265.7F268AB1@pacbell.net>
Chris Huff wrote:

> > But if there can only be one in each scene, the only logical place would
> > be the main scene file. So you couldn't have the scene file request
> > values from the user...

Not necessarily. The block could go into the .inc file itself. The .inc
file then could be included at the beginning of the file. The only real
situation that I can see where you may have to wait around for more
user_prompts is if you use the include file to create multiple unique
objects from the same include file. For example the include file is a
tree generator and you want 20 unique trees in your scene it would
require you to call the include file more than one time in the main
scene file. It would of course make sense that those using this feature
decide when it would be useful to utilize this feature and to know
when to use other methods of letting the user preset variables such as
the current system allows.