POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-CSDL (or Java Binding?) : Re: POV-CSDL (or Java Binding?) Server Time
10 Aug 2024 11:27:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-CSDL (or Java Binding?)
From: Nigel Stewart
Date: 15 Mar 2000 09:44:02
Message: <38CFA164.BA5960FA@nigels.com>
> Speaking of errors something else that will have to be address is
> error handling of erroneous input. If the user_prompt is looking for
> a specific input and a wrong value is entered there needs to be
> some form of error trapping to get the right value from the user.

	That's a very good point, and I think the best way to
	handle it is with some POV script code to do the range
	or consistency checking.  Ultimately - leave it up to
	the script to handle it.

	But, if you want a model that prompts you again
	with a message that the input was out of range,
	then you're back to the problems of the original
	proposal.

	I think that without this "second chance" it's
	still a useful mechanism, and worth considering
	seriously.

--
Nigel Stewart (nig### [at] nigelscom)
Research Student, Software Developer