POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-CSDL (or Java Binding?) : Re: POV-CSDL (or Java Binding?) Server Time
10 Aug 2024 13:26:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-CSDL (or Java Binding?)
From: Ken
Date: 14 Mar 2000 17:01:38
Message: <38CEB739.73D6F151@pacbell.net>
Chris Huff wrote:

> The function could be something like this:
> user_prompt("message string", "default parameter string")

I was thinking along the same lines ( as far as syntax ) but wonder
if it would be as difficult as you make it sound to pass these user
submitted values to a function. For example what if you simply declared
the user_prompt command as one of your variables -

#declare Var_1 = user_prompt("message string", "default parameter string")

#declare A = 0;
 #while ( A < Var_1 }
  object.....

etc.

In principal it would act as any pre-declared value and is held in
memory before the loop structure is encountered. As long as the
person writing the scene code that utilizes this places the user
prompts before anything else in the scene then you will only encounter
the user prompt during the first few seconds of parsing activity.