POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : The Language of POV-Ray : Re: The Language of POV-Ray Server Time
11 Aug 2024 13:21:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Language of POV-Ray
From: Matt Giwer
Date: 13 Mar 2000 02:19:55
Message: <38CC96BE.EC52EED0@ij.net>
PoD wrote:

> I like the idea of functions, but I suspect there would be a lot of
> resistance to their introduction.
> Why? they look rather like macros and people will get confused.  I'm not
> saying people are dumb but a lot of POV users are not programmers and
> might not appreciate the difference between macros and functions.

	That is because they are macros. It just depends upon where the
result is put.

	Everything in computing can be done with the minimalist set of
micro-code which actually gets down to four or five instructions
depending upon your side in the debate -- again, last I was
involved. Assembly calls microcode to deal with registers.

--
A free internet for free minds.