POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : The Language of POV-Ray : Re: The Language of POV-Ray Server Time
11 Aug 2024 13:20:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Language of POV-Ray
From: Jon A  Cruz
Date: 13 Mar 2000 01:41:25
Message: <38CC8F20.1FCAFC1C@geocities.com>
Nigel Stewart wrote:

> > One implication is that there are probably other efforts
> > to figure out generic DTD's (XML based file formats)
>
> Check out http://www.vrml.org/x3d.html, the working group
> who are figuring out how to migrate VRML to XML.

Arrrggg!!! Heelllppp!!!!

Run Away! Run Away!!!

Ok. sorry. it's not really all that bad. It's just that for many things,
VRML seems reaaaaaaaaaly ugly. Especially things like needing to
actually create a visible object before being able to reuse it, etc.

But, the big point of there being 3D XML efforts underway is a good one.

--
"My new computer's got the clocks, it rocks
But it was obsolete before I opened the box" - W.A.Y.