POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : While we are talking about changes : Re: While we are talking about changes Server Time
10 Aug 2024 03:26:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: While we are talking about changes
From: John VanSickle
Date: 12 Mar 2000 17:19:00
Message: <38CC1A53.5AAB654B@erols.com>
Ron Parker wrote:

> On Sun, 12 Mar 2000 07:56:08 -0500, Bill DeWitt wrote:
> >Since most people use a unit, at origin object, then scale
> >and translate, it could save tons of typing.
>
> Who is this "most people" you talk about?  Most modelers do that, but
> I would think most people make the box where they want it.  I know I
> do.

The place where this "feature" of all modellers I've seen gets me is
with the cylinder.  Whenever I use a cylinder, it's along the lines of

  cylinder { <3,2,4>,<1,1,3>,.5 }

which with most modellers has to be done by calculating the scaling and
rotation outside of the program, and then entering them by hand.  This
is why I don't use them.

Regards,
John
--