POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : While we are talking about changes : Re: While we are talking about changes Server Time
10 Aug 2024 03:24:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: While we are talking about changes
From: Simon de Vet
Date: 12 Mar 2000 15:16:33
Message: <38CBFB91.1EA01060@istar.ca>
Ron Parker wrote:

> On Sun, 12 Mar 2000 07:56:08 -0500, Bill DeWitt wrote:
> >Since most people use a unit, at origin object, then scale
> >and translate, it could save tons of typing.
>
> Who is this "most people" you talk about?  Most modelers do that, but
> I would think most people make the box where they want it.  I know I
> do.

One of the major reasons that I use Moray, instead of hand coding, is
that I can't get my brane to work in the mode that will understand the
box code.

No matter how much I work on it, it's always a struggle. Having a default
I can scale is easier to understand. I can easily visualize a box scaled
to <1, 2, 5>, but a box defined by corners <-0.5, -1, -2.5>  <0.5, 1,
2.5> is not something I can see in my mind.