POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-CSDL (or Java Binding?) : Re: POV-CSDL (or Java Binding?) Server Time
10 Aug 2024 09:16:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-CSDL (or Java Binding?)
From: Ken
Date: 12 Mar 2000 13:43:19
Message: <38CBE442.C4C2F034@pacbell.net>
Nieminen Juha wrote:

>   I'm just wondering about this obsession. "For-loops in povray would just
> make the syntax more complicated", "+= operators would just save some
> characters", "do-until-loops are not needed since we have while-loops",
> "classes will make CSDL too complicated", and so on and so on.
>   It's like adding a new feature to the syntax would require everyone to
> learn it.

Wrong thread but...

I think the program could do with less programming related features and
should concentrate more on object oriented features like more patterns,
more object types, and more and better special effects. If you had these
already present in the program you wouldn't need all of the special
programming related features to try to get the program to do what you
want it to.  After all POV-Ray is about making pretty pictures and is
not a play toy for programmers. Before firing off a heated response
think about what I have said.