POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 3D Panoramas and Objects ala POV-Ray : Re: 3D Panoramas and Objects ala POV-Ray Server Time
10 Aug 2024 09:18:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3D Panoramas and Objects ala POV-Ray
From: David Fontaine
Date: 11 Mar 2000 16:50:30
Message: <38CABECE.C2F5C8E4@faricy.net>
Margus Ramst wrote:

> David Fontaine wrote:
> >
> > How can the program get smooth pictures of any angle from two fisheye views?
> >

> The views cover all areas visible from the current viewpoint. For a fixed
> viewpoint, that's all the information you need.

I imagine it could eaisly find the location in the image for a specific pixel in a
specific viewpoint, but I thought there would be a lot more artifacts than it
showed. They were only rendered at 700x700, and the view appears to be
320x240(?)... (Although there is some bad distortion if you look straight up or
down, it's probably because of the 6 degree overlap the person used. I'm just
talking about general loss of quality when distorting a bitmap.)

--
 | \     |_          <dav### [at] faricynet> <ICQ 55354965>
 |_/avid |ontaine        http://www.faricy.net/~davidf/

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad." -Dali