POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Need math help : Re: Need math help Server Time
10 Aug 2024 09:14:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Need math help
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 10 Mar 2000 21:54:11
Message: <38C9B435.53B140AB@hotmail.com>
Hi John

John VanSickle wrote:

> I avoided using the trig functions.  I also made local copies of the
> arguments, so that if the user passes an expression as one of the arguments,
> that expression will be evaluated.

Will this also make it parse faster?

What if one uses () around the passed arguments when one uses them
in i.e. multiplications and divisions?

And if so, would it be sufficient to do this in the cone statement in the last
torus-connect macro i posted?

Like this:
cone { (SMiR)*i*j+SP,(SMiR)*h+SMaR,((EMiR)*i+f)*j+SP,(EMiR)*h+EMaR }

() around SMiR and  EMiR ...

By the way: Did you recognize any of the math in that macro?

Regards

Tor Olav

mailto:tor### [at] hotmailcom
http://www.crosswinds.net/~tok/tokrays.html