POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : The Language of POV-Ray : Re: The Language of POV-Ray Server Time
10 Aug 2024 13:18:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Language of POV-Ray
From: David Fontaine
Date: 9 Mar 2000 19:09:50
Message: <38C83C8E.DBC90269@faricy.net>
I agree with most of the people; keep the current stuff the way it is, but add
some more programming features.
#for (I=1,I<5,I=I+1) #end
instead of
#declare I=1; #while(I<5) #declare I=I+1; #end
some people showed examples like #for {}, but I think it would be better to
keep the #end statement as it is how it's been done so far, but also, because
the syntax and syntax coloring is very helpful in sorting out parser code from
object code.

--
 | \     |_          <dav### [at] faricynet> <ICQ 55354965>
 |_/avid |ontaine        http://www.faricy.net/~davidf/

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad." -Dali