POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : The Language of POV-Ray : Re: The Language of POV-Ray Server Time
10 Aug 2024 03:21:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Language of POV-Ray
From: PoD
Date: 9 Mar 2000 05:02:53
Message: <38C7811B.96924C63@globalfreeway.com.au>
Some aspects of the language which relate purely to programming could be
changed or (probably better) extended without affecting those who don't
use them.

For a non-programmer or a programmer , macros, loops etc are a lot
harder in POV than the equivalents in most programming languages.

Surely replacing
  #declare I=1; #while(I<=5) ... #declare I=I+1;#end
with either
  for I = 1 to 5 {...}
ala Basic, or even for a non-programmer,
  for( I=1; I <= 5; I=I+1){...}
would make life easier for all.

PoD.