POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Curmudgeon for 2000 : Re: Curmudgeon for 2000 Server Time
10 Aug 2024 05:16:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Curmudgeon for 2000
From: David Fontaine
Date: 2 Mar 2000 17:24:54
Message: <38BEE98A.9F378E79@faricy.net>
I sort of agree with this. Finished works of art I would say could go up to 200k
or even 250, like some of Gilles' work for example. However, a pic showing off a
macro, showing a work in progress, etc, should be around 50k or less. Not
wanting to point fingers, but as an example, four 80k images was a bit much for
the maze macro. And some people like to post eighty versions of the same image
asking for more and more advice; these should be kept to a minimum too. (I'm not
trying to chastise anybody, just for consideration)

--
 | \     |_                 <dav### [at] faricynet> <ICQ 55354965>
 |_/avid |ontaine               http://www.faricy.net/~davidf/

"Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come" -Beatles