POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : POVray docs : POVray docs Server Time
6 Oct 2024 03:57:27 EDT (-0400)
  POVray docs
From: Scott Reid
Date: 29 Feb 2000 23:25:08
Message: <38BCA924.D1A594DC@home.com>
I am growing increasingly frustrated with the docs inclded with POVray
3.1. While I think they would be excellent in a classroom setting with
an instructor present, I find them tedious and difficult to learn from
in an individual "living room" setting. Presently, I am looking for an
example Object Media statement. I went to the trouble of printing the
manual so I could jump back and forth from section to section, as is
unfortunately frequently required, and I can't find one example of an
Object Media statement in my hard copy or on screen. Sure there's
pseudo-examples such as:

object{MyObject pigment{rgbt 1.0} interior {media{MyMedia}}}

  but without a context, I find it difficult to get anything from that
at all. I have also tried using the statements from the insert menu, to
no avail (keeps giving me syntax errors, but I haven't been able to
figure out how to correct it/them), as well as visually searching the
files and statements included with POVray.
  I apologize if I have offended the writers, or if I am simply being a
bonehead and not finding something that IS there, but can someone please
give me an example, or tell me as specifically as possible where I might
find it in the manual?  I want to apply media to a Sky_Sphere, if
possible...
   Also, while I'm here: Does anyone know of a POV user in Edmonton,
Alberta, Canada? If so, I'd like to communicate with them...