POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Multiprocessor versions of POV? : Re: Multiprocessor versions of POV? Server Time
10 Aug 2024 05:14:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Multiprocessor versions of POV?
From: Karl Pelzer
Date: 1 Mar 2000 12:47:08
Message: <38BC9930.97F9A65C@t-online.de>
Ken wrote:

> You can find some information about running POV-Ray on multiple processors
> here -
>
> http://www.students.tut.fi/~warp/povVFAQ/languageVFAQ.html#multiprocessor
>
> --
> Ken Tyler -  1300+ Povray, Graphics, 3D Rendering, and Raytracing Links:

Thanks Ken.

Again you saved me. This article is mostly about NT. It seems to be easy
to let two copies of POV render the same time (O.K. some restrictions).
But this might be useful for animations. One copy renders the even
frames and the other copy of POV renders the odd frames.

Anyone here made experiences with linux or with a multithreaded version
of POV?

Karl