POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : New graphics section for the links page ? : Re: New graphics section for the links page ? Server Time
10 Aug 2024 05:21:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New graphics section for the links page ?
From: Josh English
Date: 28 Feb 2000 11:56:41
Message: <38BAA94A.9D934EA4@spiritone.com>
I say no as well. There should be enough on the web and you don't need to
add that much to your workload. If you felt it was necessary, I would add
one page with a max of three links on each program, and then not change it
unless one of the links was dead. You have added to the usefulness of your
service without killing yourself trying to be the linkmaster for everyone
else as well.

Even you must have limits, Ken.

Josh

Ken wrote:

> POV-Users,
>
>  Do you feel I should add a section to the POV-Ray links pages for
> graphics viewing and manipulating software ?
>
> Examples:
>
> Cpic
> PSP
> PhotoShop
> Photolin
> ImageMagic
> Gimp
>
>  I have been avoiding this primarily because these types of programs
> are so plentiful on shareware sites I just don't think they are that
> hard to find. In fact I would guess that most people find and use
> graphics viewing programs long before they ever get into 3D graphics
> programs and resources. I can however add a section if you people
> think it would be worth the effort.
>
> --
> Ken Tyler -  1300+ Povray, Graphics, 3D Rendering, and Raytracing Links:

Josh English
eng### [at] spiritonecom
"May your hopes, dreams, and plans not be destroyed by a few zeros."