POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : meandering camera paths : meandering camera paths Server Time
10 Aug 2024 05:14:06 EDT (-0400)
  meandering camera paths
From: Alex McMurray
Date: 27 Feb 2000 16:46:35
Message: <38B99881.5F00E9E6@melbpc.org.au>
Hello everyone.

    After a couple of years of rendering images in POV, I am now
entering the joys?? of animation, what I would like help on is how do I
create a camera path through a meandering canyon without passing through
the sides or bumping into same.

    I have created the canyon landscape using heighfields, from a
Windows paint image of my own design.
    I know where the canyon is on the image map, but how do I translate
that into x, y, and z co-ordinates in POV.
    btw, I create the landscape in Moray and export in POV.
    I have looked at a few animation and heightfield turorials as listed
in the links page, but I can't seem to find the information that I am
looking for.
    Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Alex.

--
  ,-._|\  Alex McMurray
 /  Oz  \ ale### [at] melbpcorgau               Melbourne PC User Group.