POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re: pov-news search engine? : Re: pov-news search engine? Server Time
10 Aug 2024 05:14:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: pov-news search engine?
From: Ken
Date: 27 Feb 2000 05:04:12
Message: <38B8F5F1.DA63FDEF@pacbell.net>
Bruce wrote:

> I was just curious how difficult this would be to set up, and how useful
> it might be.
> (...and if this can already be done, I appologize, but I thought that
> the POV group disallowed mirroring of their news-server, so the
> deja-news type server's wouldn't have access...)

Personaly I just use the search capabilities of my browser (Netscape).
It won't allow you to search through the message body but it will
allow you to search either for the sender or the subject line. I would
like message body search capabilities but man it might take forever
to get back the results.