POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Can someone explain some things to me? : Re: Can someone explain some things to me? Server Time
10 Aug 2024 05:16:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can someone explain some things to me?
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 25 Feb 2000 04:04:25
Message: <38B645AA.F89B1F22@inapg.inra.fr>
TonyB wrote:

> I'm trying to make a forest with some Gilles Tran trees, and I
> have 5 different trees which I place in different ways. I have some with a
> recursion (is this the correct word?) of 3, and those go in the background,
> some with 4 that go in the foreground and some with 6 that go right in the
> front. When I put them all together the big slowdown happens. Individually
> and they all parse pretty quickly. I don't get it.

I never had much success using more than 3 trees in the same scene (sent the
hard drive into trashing frenzy), but perhaps you could try bounding each tree
using the box statement provided at the end of the *.inc files. This box is
there to assist tree placement, but I guess it could be used for manual
bounding.
I hope this helps.
G.