POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Animated can questions : Animated can questions Server Time
10 Aug 2024 07:14:10 EDT (-0400)
  Animated can questions
From: Xplo Eristotle
Date: 19 Feb 2000 19:17:20
Message: <38AF337A.637C7D91@unforgettable.com>
First, have a look at this:

http://espacesux.members.easyspace.com/anicanfinal/animation1.html
http://espacesux.members.easyspace.com/anicanfinal/animation2.html
http://espacesux.members.easyspace.com/anicanfinal/animation3.html

(The pages are essentially identical; higher numbers denote choppier animation.)

- The shading on the can flickers pretty badly. The frames were rendered
in MegaPOV-Ray with radiosity turned on and left at the default
settings; could patchy radiosity be the reason for the flickering? Would
better radiosity settings eliminate the flicker?

- To eliminate perspective distortion, the camera was backed off,
rendering was limited to a small area around the can, and the frames
were rendered at 1920 x 1440 to provide a "zoom" effect and get the can
itself back up to the size I wanted it to be. When I went back to crop
the images in Photoshop, I found that in each frame, the can seemed to
be displaced a random amount (say, up to about 10 px in each direction)
even though the only variable being altered was the amount of bending; I
had to synch them all by hand before I could create the animation.
Anyone have any idea why this might be?

I can provide the source code if it's needed.

--
Xplo Eristotle
http://start.at/xplosion/

"Error has no rights." - Tomas de Torquemada